What is a Quick Title?
A Quick Title is a certificate of ownership for your vehicle or boat that you can get immediately at an eligible office or by mail. It’s much faster than a standard title, which can take several weeks to arrive in the mail.
What does it cost?
The Quick Title fee is $81. This is in addition to all other fees and taxes due at the time of the transaction. For a complete list of vehicle licensing fees, see Fees.
Are they available for all vehicles or boats?
No, Quick Titles aren’t available for:
- Vehicles or boats reported as stolen.
- Insurance or wrecker destroyed vehicles and boats.
- Vehicles with a ”WA rebuilt“ brand on the title.
Quick Titles are printed at the time of the transaction and are available,
- In-person at Alpine Licensing.
- By mail
- For Vehicles and Vessels
General Guidelines and Restrictions
- All Documents must be in compliance with Washington laws, rules , policies, and procedures.
- Quick titles must be accompanied with the appropriate documents and fees, including the $50 quick title fee.
- There is no limit to how many Quick Titles can be obtained per day.
- We CANNOT approve a Quick Title over the phone.
- Quick Titles for a name change CANNOT be processed with a Power of Attorney unless it is specified in the Power of Attorney.
- Quick Titles CANNOT be issued to a Wrecker or Insurance Destroyed vehicle when the Quick Title is the first title to be issued.
- Quick Titles CANNOT be issued to a vehicle requiring a WA Rebuilt Flag.
- We CANNOT override fees or inventory.
- Refunds are not issued for Quick Title transactions.
Quick Titles are processed on a case-by-case basis. The above information is a general overview. If you feel you need a Quick Title or just want your Title in-hand the day of your transfer please don’t hesitate to come in so we can examine your paperwork. Unfortunately we are unable to approve a Quick Title over the phone but please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.